Friday, September 19, 2008

Introducing Amory Cormac Duff




This little treasure, this piece of a world so fine that I walk and breath with more love inside of me than ever I thought possible, is right now sleeping peacefully next to his equally exhausted mother; a woman for whom I now have no words for praising enough. To see such tenacity and courage and fearless strength manifested with such grace in this magic experience of birth and life makes me feel a little more in awe of her every time I look at her. Andrea and Amory, my loves and family. I know it is awfully pretentious but I was out walking this afternoon running errands thinking about these two treasures and missing them already when this snippet of Romeo and Juliet came into my mind. It seems the perfect way to welcome Amory into the world:

"Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun".

Makes me melt just thinking about him - with all the world in love with night to see this little star.

And no one can deny a new father that!

6 Comments:

At 4:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*melts* What beautiful photos!!!...Amory Carson Duff! Awwwww whadda dashing little charmer of a baby! & do love how your & Andrea's faces are just beaming! Illuminated with love! Congrats, you three! All good wishes to you,
Love, Zoe xx

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, was half asleep when I wrote that, forgive me! Amory Cormac Duff! xx

 
At 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all amazing!!! Congratulations on such good work! Amory is beautiful. . . We can't wait to meet him (and see you!) love Emma and Cass xxxx

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Cameron said...

oh much love to you too zoe!

yah! emma and cass we cant wait to meet your two beautiful girls as well!

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger dell said...

yes this is lovely, lucky thing with many treasures...

Much love to you all...

xx

 
At 2:01 AM , Blogger Joelandkate said...

oh cam you've made me all weepy. love the pics... miss you guys so much xxx miss kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home